The Controller and Auditor General (CAG) report had surfaced widespread corruption in the previous governments of Andhra Pradesh. CAG had submitted a report on various public enterprise companies and various finance and social fields to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker, Kodela Siva Prasad Rao. CAG unearthed the inefficiency and corruption widespread in the previous Congress government and stressed on the need for taking up immediate corrective measures.
1. No proper planning in the works of Godavari, Vamsadhara and Nagavalli flood restriction works. As a result, 944 Crores works have been stalled.
2. All the works in R&B department undertaken under Public Private Partnership did not follow any rules.
3. Many forest lands are de-notified for undue favours with out following the rules of the Central government.
4. Several lift irrigation schemes are totally wasted due to lack of planning and are need to be resumed.
5. Government should encourage water consumers associations according to FMIS Act.
6. There are several encroachments of small water bodies in the state which needs immediate attention of the government.