Posted by SitesJury.In, on April 30th, 2013
The Indian cinema industry is seeing a huge turn over profit in the recent times
With movies being produced at a scorching high budget, actors and actress remunerations reaching an all time high. To mark a special mention in the contribution to the super high profitable income of Indian cinema in the recent times is the Telugu cinema industry, namely “Tollywood of South”.
The Tollywood of South has made a super high success in their bagging of profit: The films are made with super high graphics quality, shootings done for most of the major parts in foreign locales, item dancers hired from outside the industry, or even within the industry some top heroines are being paid a huge amount for just a 6 minute long item song. These are just some of the excerpts which tells in the rich legacy of the high budgeted films made in the recent times.
Telugu cinema in the past: Previously, the Tollywood of South though had talented actors, but was not given their due respect in terms of remuneration. Thus, many of the top actors like Kamal Hasan, who though gave a whole hearted contribution in his prime time, was not paid well, thus shifted his base to Bollywood.
Telugu cinema now: But today, the situation is somewhat different. With films budget reaching a huge height and actors charging whooping sum of money in terms of crores, speaks of the high profit in Tollywood movies. This success and huge budget hike were possible, as in recent time many spectators are flocking in to view the South stars , and the viewing of the movies is no more restricted only down South, but it is spreading like a virus all over the country and even abroad.
Let us now take a close view on some of the high budgeted movies and how much were the lead actors being paid:
- Trivikram: This movie is said to have surpassed all heights. It is confirmed that Pawan Kalyan is said to receive his highest remuneration till date, for any movie he has worked. In this movie all the directors are said to be getting 7 crores each, and Pawan is getting 15 crore for his role.
- Sukumar film: Mahesh Babu is charging from his next untitled project at around 12 crore. This seems to be a dream project for the two leaders, Mahesh Babu and Sukumar films.
- Harishankar films: They are paying NTR a whooping 12 crores for their next film. It seems to be unbelievable, but the fact is out and is confirmed news.
Seeing the super high remuneration chart, the top actors in terms of their remuneration are given below:
- Pawan Kalyan – 15 crore (Trivikram film)
- Mahesh Babu-12 crore (Sukumar film)
- NTR- 12 crore (Harish Shankar film)
- Ramcharan-10 crore ( Yevadu film)
- Prabhas -9 crore (Rajamouli film)
- Allu Arjun -9 crore ( Iddaramyalitho film)
- RaviTeja – 5 crore ( Balupu Film)
- Nagarjuna – 3 crore (Greeku Veerudu film)
- Chaitu-2.5 crore (Auto nagar Surya Film)
- Nani- 2.5 crore (Paisa Film)
- Naresh – 2.5 crore (Action 3D film)
- Nithin- 2 crore (Courier Boy Kalyan Film)
- Sunil/ GopiChand – 1.5 crore
Thus, we can say that Telugu cinema industry is in their dream run, and hopefully will be seen in huge profits at the end of this year. The escalating height on the remuneration chart of top South actors speaks of how well the films do or will do in the box office. It also reflects the immense popularity of the stars and their huge fan base and popularity.